Guam Chamber to host 12th Annual Small Business Expo and Outreach Event
HAGÅTÑA, GUAM -- The Guam Chamber of Commerce announced today that its 12th Annual Small Business Expo and Outreach Event is scheduled on THURSDAY, JUNE 30, 2016 at the Grand Ballroom, Hyatt Regency Guam. Small business owners, managers, and companies interested in making connections with industry specific professionals and acquiring strategic partners are encouraged to attend this annual event. The tabletop expo will feature over 30 companies and organizations from the private sector, local and federal government offices.
One of the Expo features is a small business seminar, on the topic "Making the Connection". The seminar will feature six (6) panelists representing various organizations who will discuss the Government of Guam's procurement policies and updates as well as business opportunities and procedures with the Federal Government. Featured guest panelists are:
• Senator Tom Ada, Chairman of the Committee on Procurement, I Mina'Trentai Tres Na Liheslaturan Guahan
• John Thos. Brown, General Counsel & Vice President, Jones & Guerrero Co., Inc.
• Christine Manglona, Director of Business Operations, 36th Contracting Squadron
• Dante Serneo, Contracting Officer, NAVFAC Marianas
• Sue Gentapanan, Buyer, Navy Exchange Guam District
• Brandy Untalan, Customer Service Director, U.S. GSA (General Services Administration)
The seminar is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. and will take place at the Hyatt Regency Guam. Participation fee is $20 for Chamber members and $40 for non-members. Seating is limited and RSVPs are required.
The Expo event features an After Hours Mixer from 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. co-hosted by Chamber member companies. Additionally, the Chamber will formally announce the company who will be recognized as the 2016 Small Business Excellence Award recipient. The Expo and Outreach Event is designed to bring business professionals together to connect face to face and expand opportunities for relationship building.
For additional information about the 12th Annual Small Business Expo on June 30th, please contact the Guam Chamber of Commerce at (671) 472-6311/8001 or email: info@GuamChamber.com.gu