It's here: Breitling honors WWII vets with limited edition "Guam" watch
Luxury pilot-watch specialist, Breitling, has partnered with the non-profit Honor Flight Network, which flies World War II veterans to the memorial dedicated to their service in Washington, D.C., to release 56 limited-edition Breitling watches with proceeds going to the organization. Guam is represented as watch 55 of the 56 watch series. This one-of-a-kind timepiece is currently on display at the Caronel Watch Center in the Tumon Sands Plaza and will be sold at a special event held there on Friday, May 1, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
The Breitling Navitimer 01 “Honor Flight” limited edition is distinguished by its blue dial with the Honor Flight logo together with its engraved caseback, which depicts a “wreath and bracket” from the World War II memorial in Washington, D.C., designed by artist Raymond Kasky. The memorial is composed of 56 of these pillars — one representing each of the then-48 states and U.S. territories that took part in World War II—including Guam, the Philippines, and then-territories of Alaska and Hawaii.
Each watch’s caseback is engraved with the name of a state or territory, a series number, and the inscription, “Honor Flight – One Last Mission.” Each watch is thus a unique piece, in addition to being part of an extremely small production run.
This unique timepiece features Caliber 01, the exclusive, 100 percent in-house chronograph movement created by Breitling and backed by its exclusive five-year warranty. The watch comes with a copy of “Honor Flight, The Movie,” which documents the inspiring story of a community in Wisconsin that comes together to make an Honor Flight a reality for their veterans, together with a special commemorative coin that veterans received on a special flight in November 2, 2013.
One of these new Breitling watches, the one representing Wisconsin, was set aside for auction, raising $13,500 for Honor Flight Network. The rest, which were officially unveiled at Breitling’s New York boutique on November 12, will be available only in Breitling’s United States boutiques —in New York, Orlando, Miami, and Las Vegas — and right here on Guam at the Caronel Watch Center.
Due to anticipated high demand, the one and only “Guam” Honor Flight watch will be available for purchase to the lucky person whose name is randomly drawn on May 1, 2014, at 6:00 p.m. To inspect and apply for the opportunity to purchase this historic and unique timepiece, customers should visit the Caronel Watch Center in the Tumon Sands Plaza. The Breitling Navitimer 01 “Honor Flight” Guam Limited Edition watch is valued at $9,020.
Who will be the one to own this unique homage to Guam and our revered World War II veterans?
Honor Flight network board chairman, James McLaughlin, has indicated that Guam's World War II, Korea, and Vietnam-era veterans are eligible for honor flights to Washington, D.C. provided that enough people on Guam come together to create a Guam “hub” for the Honor Flight Network. Caronel is pleased to help bring attention to this worthy endeavor by virtue of this special Breitling Honor Flight Guam watch event.
Go to www.caronelwatches.com for more details.
BREITLING HONOR FLIGHT GUAM WATCH DRAWING
Effective Date: March 27 – May 1, 2014
Participating Store: Caronel Watch Center (Tumon Sands Plaza)
1. Any adult individual interested in purchasing the watch must come to Caronel Watch Center in Tumon Sands Plaza and submit his/ her name, address, and contact information as an entry for the opportunity to purchase. No telephone, fax or e-mail entries are permitted.
2. No purchase necessary to submit entry.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. Open to all regardless of residency.
5. Five entries will be drawn on May 1, 2014, at 6:00 p.m. Entrants need not be present to be selected in the drawing. The first entry drawn will be notified based on the contact information provided and will be given 3 business days to purchase the watch at the retail price of USD 9,020.
6. In the event that the person representing the first entry drawn is unable or unwilling to purchase the watch within 3 business days, the second entry drawn will be given the same opportunity. The process will continue, as necessary, until the watch is sold.