Tax center to open Feb. 5
ANDERSEN AIR FORCE BASE, Guam -- The Andersen Tax Center located in the Community Center next to the Hot Spot is scheduled to open Feb. 5 here.
The center provides free tax advice, tax preparation and tax assistance, to include electronic filing for active-duty members, reservists, retirees and military family members possessing a valid U.S. Uniformed Services ID card.
The tax center's hours of operation are: Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday from noon to 5 p.m. and closed on Fridays.
There are no walk-ins available. For more information regarding the tax center or to schedule an appointment, call 366-2937.
What do I need to bring to the tax center?
- A valid military ID card (active duty, reserve, dependent or retiree)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for primary, secondary and dependents on the tax return
- Current year's tax package (if you have received one)
- Income statement(s): Such as Form W-2 (from all employers), W-2G (gambling winnings), 1099-R (retirement/annuities) and unemployment compensation statement 1099-G from state
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099 INT and 1099 DIV)
- A copy of last year's Federal and State returns (if available)
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit
- If post-2008 divorce decree or separation agreement applies, the non-custodial parent must have signed Form 8332s to claim children
- Other relevant information about income and expenses (i.e., total amount paid for day care, day care identifying numbers)
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms or have a power of attorney explicitly relating to tax filing or a Form 2848 (IRS Power of Attorney, Declaration of Representation)