GCC Veterans Club offers mini-forum for vets Feb. 24
The Guam Community College Student Veterans Club is offering veteran students an opportunity to meet with employers and local, federal, and non-profit entities offering veterans services this Friday during its first in a series of “No Veteran Left Behind” mini-forums.
“We are offering these mini-forums as a service to help our veteran students better assimilate back into the civilian community. We find that many of our vets are not aware of all the services available for them, and the opportunities that our employers who are supportive of veterans are ready to provide,” said Rodney Cruz Jr., president of the GCC Student Veterans Club.
The “No Veteran Left Behind” forum scheduled for this Friday, February 24, from 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. in the GCC Multipurpose Auditorium will provide GCC’s nearly 240 student veterans with the opportunity to meet with GCC’s Financial Aid Office and the following entities:
• Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits Administration Office
• Guam Vet Center - Department of Veterans Readjustment Counseling
• Guam Department of Labor
• WestCare Pacific Homeless Outreach Organization
• Naval Base Fleet and Family Support Center (for information on VA benefits and the Family Employment Representative Program)
• American Job Center
• Pentagon Federal Credit Bank
• Guam (State) Veterans Affairs Office
Employers scheduled to be present at the forum include:
• Galaide Professional Services Inc.
• Cabras Marine
• DZSP21 (requesting student vet resume and copy of DD214)
• Navy Recruiter
• GURANG Army Recruiter
Veteran students represent over 10 percent of GCC’s entire postsecondary student population. The GCC Student Veterans Club, with help from island veterans’ clubs, hosts several events throughout the year for veteran students and their families.