4-egg, broccoli & cheese scramble
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Nothing powers me up more than a good breakfast. And I definitely need the power when I come home from the fire station in the morning and Lupe, my wife, hands me my honey-do list for the day.
Here is one of my favorite breakfast omelets.....
Broccoli and Cheese Scramble
Here is the recipe:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of broccoli cut into small pieces
- Colby/jack grated cheese
- Parmesan grated cheese
- Butter for cooking (gisa)
- 2 green onions, diced for garnish
Options: Any leftover meat - gisa this prior to adding in.
Cubed potatoes – ½ in. gisa in butter prior to mixing into omelet
- Prepare the eggs for scrambling in bowl
- Cut the broccoli up into small pieces, rinse and either steam or microwave maintaining a cooked but not soggy texture. Allow to drain and set aside.
- Place 2 tbsp of butter into fry pan and heat to medium.
- Add in eggs, broccoli, Parmesan cheese (to taste) and any meat and other options at this time.
- Add in salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste.
- When done plate and sprinkle the Colby/jack cheese over the top.
- Garnish with the green onions.
- Microwave prior to serving for 45 seconds.
I also like to add in Cholula Hot Sauce when I first add in the eggs and scramble this along with everything else. Almost gives it a Chorizo flavor. Very tasty. Optional.
Serve along with your other courses and finadenne.
Hope you give this a try. You’re sure to enjoy it.