Annie's Chamorro Kitchen: Ground Beef Stir Fry
Stir fried lean meat and vegetables are delicious and healthy meal choices. Use your favorite vegetables or whatever is in season.
I like using the leanest ground beef I can find — I used 96% lean ground beef in this recipe. Broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers and onions were my vegetables of choice today, but I also love adding eggplant, zucchini, and carrots. Use your favorite vegetables.
Give my recipe a try. I think you’ll like it.j
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dashida
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 broccoli “crown”, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 container sliced mushrooms (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, more or less, to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the garlic, Dashida, and black pepper.
- Add the broccoli, onions, bell pepper and mushrooms. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Add the hoisin sauce to the pan. Stir to combine. Turn the heat up to high; cook for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are done to your liking.
- Stir in the soy sauce. Cook over high heat for another minute or two.
- Serve with steamed white or brown rice and ENJOY!