An award-winning Chicken Kelaguen: Chalan Kanton Tasi Style
Editor’s note: This recipe won first place at the Maila Ya Ta Fan Boka Competition; it is from the George Washington High School/ Guam Community College Tourism Students Team #2.
• 15 lbs whole chicken fryers (approximately
4 to 5 chickens)
• 10 limes
• 5 bunches green onions, finely chopped
• 2 lbs red bell peppers
• 2 lbs green bell peppers
• Donne peppers, to taste
• Sea salt, as needed
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake whole chickens until done.
2. While chicken is baking; chop onions, hot peppers and squeeze lime juice. Set aside in separate non-metallic containers.
3. Sear or burn the bell peppers until skin is charred and blackened. Place in large bowl and cover with plastic wrap for several minutes. This will make it easier to remove the skins. Peel and seed peppers, chop and set aside
4. When chicken is done, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Remove meat from the chicken and chop into small pieces.
Combine first five ingredients and season with hot peppers and sea salt as desired.
• Yield: Enough for a small fiesta. This recipe
maybe scaled up or down as desired.
– Courtesy of Guam Diner