Dressing up a pig ... or turkey
- 3 cups fried diced potatoes
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small can chopped pimientos
- 1 small bottle chopped green olives
- 1 small can chopped ripe olives
- 1 small bottle sweet pickles (1 cup)
- ½ bottle dill (or sour pickles)
- 1 small can peas
- 1 small can (or ½ pound of fresh cooked) green beans
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup diced toasted bread
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup solidly packed canned tomatoes
Cook beef and tomatoes for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Mix remaining ingredients and add to cooked beef and tomatoes, mixing well. The dressing should be tart. If it is not, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
Editor’s note: This recipe is from Lepblon Fina’tinas Para Guam: Guam Cookbook, 1985. Reprinted with permission from Congresswoman Madeleine Z. Bordallo, Y Inetnon Famalao’an (Women’s Association).
* Y Inetnon Famalao’an was a women’s organization composed of cabinet wives and women executives in the government of Guam.