More mango recipes
This is a delicious and nutritious snack that is perfect with chips or crackers. I actually made this salsa to go with my delicious fish tacos.
Give my recipe a try. I think you’ll like it.
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1. Cut the skin off the mango. Dice the mango into 1/4-inch cubes. Place into a small mixing bowl.
2. Add the red onions and the optional jalapeño to the bowl.
3. Add the cilantro.
4. Stir to combine the ingredients. Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, or as a condiment for fish, chicken or steak tacos. ENJOY!
Chili Mango Sauce
Recipe by Clayton Babas, Executive Chef, Guam Reef Hotel
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce (can be bought in a local supermarket)
- 1 Tbs yellow onion
- 3 Tbs fresh mango, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp fish sauce
Heat ingredients together in a sauce pan, then let simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Set aside.
Yield: About 4 Servings
- • 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- • 2 tsps dark rum (optional)
- • 2 tsps fresh lime juice
- • 2 tsps sugar
Combine mangoes, rum, lime juice and sugar. Set aside for several hours to allow flavors to develop.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- Heat oven to 450F. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender or fork, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in coconut. Add coconut milk, stir with a fork until dough just holds together. On a floured board, knead the dough 7 or 8 times.
- Pat dough into a circle 1/2 inch thick. Using a 3 inch cutter, cut out 4 rounds of dough, using scraps of dough for the last one.
- Place 1 1/2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with 1/2 teaspoon each sugar and dark rum (rum optional).
- Prepare 4 dessert plates. Split shortcakes and place one bottom half on each plate. Spoon mango mixture over each and top with whipped cream. Replace the top of each shortcake.
Yield: 4 servings