Navigating the TRICARE dental transition
Hello Military Community,
Lately there has been talk about the transition of the TRICARE Dental Program from UCCI (United Concordia Companies Inc.) to MetLife that went into effect May 1. Some military families are a bit confused with the changes and some even wonder if they are still covered because their attempts to use it have been denied. I hope to be able to answer some of your questions and maybe put some minds at ease.
First, here are some of the enhancements to the Dental Program:
• Lower monthly premiums – AD Family member/Single Premium $10.30/Family Premium $30.89. NG/Reserve Sponsor - $10.30, NG/Reserve Family Members/Single Premium $25.74, Family Premium $77.22.
• Coverage for posterior resin fillings
• Annual maximum increase from $1,200 to $1,300
• Lifetime orthodontic maximum increase from $1,500 to $1,750
• Accidental coverage $1,200 for service related to dental accident treatment
• No cost shares for scaling and root planning for diabetics
• 3rd cleaning for women during pregnancy
TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) members who currently pay TDP monthly premiums via electronic funds transfers (EFT) or credit card – MUST re-authorize this method.
The previous company did NOT provide MetLife with this information (which would be why coverage is being denied). If members do not re-authorize their EFT or credit card method, they may/will be inadvertently dis-enrolled from the TDP.
All forms are available online for families to download and fax or mail in at mybenefits.metlife.com/tricare.
Mail the completed forms to: MetLife at Enrollment and Billing Services, P.O. Box 14185, Lexington, KY 40512.
I recommend contacting MetLife and asking if the forms may be faxed from your locations for faster service.
Remember, if your current dentist does not participate in the network the dental office can contact MetLife and submit the paperwork to join. DPPO (Dental Preferred Provider Organization) is the same as the MetLife Preferred Dental Program (PDP). This means you can visit any licensed and authorized dentist you choose, BUT visiting a Network dentist (PDP) will save time, money and paperwork.
Beneficiary calls for enrollment and general inquiries are available at (CONUS) 855-638-8371 or (OCONUS) 855-638-8372 and for Hearing Impaired 855-MET-TDP3.
For your convenience, here is a list of the dental benefit advisors along with contact information:
• (NORTH) Tracy Pearsall, Tel: 1-860-372-4983;
• (SOUTH) Eric Tomlinson, Tel: 1-908-253-1376;
• (EAST) Bernie Vance, Tel: 1-908-253-2279;
• (WEST) Kevin Brown, Tel: 1-702-239-2034;
• (OCONUS) Connie Gildein, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• (CORPORATE) Sharla Klaus, Tel: 1-908-253-1150;
If you would like to have a printout that shows the MetLife dental benefit advisor territory distribution or need assistance finding the form for re-authorization or EFT, contact me and I would be happy to email it to you. And remember, keep your DEERS information up to date!
Blessings from my family to yours,