‘ Tis the season for pumpkin everything: Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
As my sister and I were Face-timing talking about how much we’re looking forward to Fall, she showed me her batch of pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies that she had just baked.
In that moment, I wish I could have reached through the screen and grab a cookie for myself. Immediately, I decided to run to the commissary, buy the ingredients, and get to work: I was not disappointed with the outcome!
These cookies are the perfect fall treat and will compliment your #PSL or hot chocolate. In the mood to “fall” for these cookies? Try this recipe.
• 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
• 3 tbsp butter
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 egg
• 1.5 cups almond flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp ground cloves
• 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 176C (350F).
2. Whisk together the pumpkin purée, egg, sugar, and vanilla.
3. Add the almond flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice, cloves, and nutmeg.
4. Whisk everything together then fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Scoop the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 15 minutes
*If desired, add a couple extra chocolate chips to the top before baking.
Recipe modified and adapted from thetoastedpinenut.com
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!