Annie's Chamorro Kitchen: BLT with a Twist
This sandwich recipe is our adaptation of a BLT we’ve tried and loved. Enjoy!
- 10 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 10 slices maple bacon (or your favorite brand/flavor bacon)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Dash of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 small handfuls of arugula, baby spinach, or spring mix lettuce leaves 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- Optional: 5 slices swiss cheese
- Cut the slices of bacon in half to make 20 pieces. Cook until browned and crispy. Set aside on a paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, garlic powder and green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble your sandwich:
- Spread about 12 tablespoons of the mayo mixture on one slice of toast. Next, place four pieces of bacon. Add tomato slices on top of the bacon. Place avocado slices on top of the tomato slices.
- Top with a handful of arugula, baby spinach, or lettuce of choice.
- Place one slice of cheese on top of the arugula (optional).
- Place the second slice of bread on top of the arugula. Dig in!
*Makes 5 sandwiches
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!