Annie's Chamorro Kitchen: Chicken & Spinach Alfredo Lasagne Roll-ups
I love good pasta. Two of my favorites are chicken alfredo and lasagne, so how about we combine the two?
This is a rolled version. I love how easy it is to serve up individual portions — all you have to do is scoop up a roll (or two). There’s no messy cutting involved here!
To make this dish a bit more nutritious, I added frozen spinach — two entire boxes of it too! Even my daughter (who is an extremely picky eater) scarfed up her dinner, green stuff and all!
Give my recipe a try. It’s so tasty, I know you’ll love it! :)
- The meat of 1 small roasted chicken
- 20 lasagne noodles, cooked al dente
- 2 10-oz packages frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1 15-oz. package shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 stalks green onions
- 2 15-oz containers ricotta cheese
- 3 jars alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shred the chicken. I’m all for a bit of convenience here and there so I used a small rotisserie chicken to save time. Here are the Before and After photos. :)
- Place the spinach into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the eggs.
- Add the seasonings.
- Add the green onions.
- Add the ricotta.
- Mix all of the ingredients together. (It looks ‘kinda like spinach dip, doesn’t it?) :)
- Lay the noodles on a flat surface.
- Spread about 4 teaspoons of the spinach mixture onto the noodle.
- Add shredded chicken to the top of the spinach mixture.
- Roll up the noodle, jelly roll style.
- Pour alfredo sauce in the pan, just enough to cover the bottom.
- Place the pasta rolls over the sauce.
- Pour alfredo sauce over the top of the pasta.
- This recipe made enough for one 9×13 pan plus a smaller square pan! Yay! There will be enough leftover to pack 4 lunches the the next day!
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve with a slice of garlic toast. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!