Kicked-Up Brown Rice
I was never a huge fan of brown rice, but in my quest to create healthier meals for my family, we’ve switched from our favorite white rice to the healthier brown.
I wanted to create a tasty version, and not the tough, seemingly undercooked variety you get at most restaurants that kind of tastes like cardboard.
Equipped with only a rice cooker and four ingredients, you’ll have a delicious and healthy side dish for your next meal.
Give my recipe a try. I think you’ll like it.
• 3 cups brown rice
• 6 1/2 cups water
• 2 tablespoons Dashida beef seasoning
• 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
(Thanks to my friend, Yvonne M., for the delicious olive oil!)
1. Rinse the rice then place in your rice cooker pot. Add the water to the pot — it may seem like way too much water, but brown rice needs a LOT of water to cook properly.
2. Add the Dashida and olive oil; stir until the Dashida is dissolved.
3. Set your rice cooker to the “cook” mode then let it do its magic.
4. When the rice cooker switch turns from “cook” to “warm” (or the equivalent for your rice cooker model), gently fluff the rice with a fork, then let it sit (covered) for another 10 minutes or so.
Serve with your favorite meat dish and ENJOY!
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!