Sexual Assault Reports: Week of June 22-28, 2015
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- This week's overview of alleged sexual assaults is compiled based on nine initial reports across the Navy from June 22-28. This timeframe reflects only the receipt of the initial reports; seven of the reported incidents occurred during this period, nine occurred outside of the report period and one occurred at an unknown period. Each report will be fully investigated. Looking at this snapshot in time, we see the following:
* Eleven reports are from events that occurred on-base, four are from an event that occurred off-base, and two are from events at unknown location.
* Among the 17 alleged offenders, five were petty officers, four were E-3 and below, two were civilians, and six were unknown.
* Fourteen of the alleged offenders were male, one was female and two were unknown.
* Nine of the reported incidents were alleged to be service member on service member, three were non-service member on service member, two were service member on non-service member, and three were unknown.
* Among the 18 alleged victims, one was an officer, three were petty officers, eleven were E-3 and below, two were civilians, and one was unknown. Twelve of the alleged victims were female and six were male.
To contact a Sexual Assault Response Coordinator at the Department of Defense Safe Help Line, call (877) 995-5247.
To learn more about Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response program, visit www.sapr.navy.mil.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!