U.S. Naval Base Guam to hold Memorial Service for USS John S. McCain (DDG 56) Aug. 30
SANTA RITA, Guam (Aug. 28, 2017) – U.S. Naval Base Guam will hold a memorial service for USS John S. McCain (DDG 56) at noon, Aug. 30 at the base chapel.
USS John S. McCain was involved in a collision with the merchant vessel Alnic MC in waters east of the Straits of Malacca and Singapore Aug. 21.
The memorial will be held to remember and pay tribute to the 10 Sailors who died as a result of the collision:
- Electronics Technician 1st Class Charles Nathan Findley, 31, from Amazonia, Missouri
- Interior Communications Electrician 1st Class Abraham Lopez, 39, from El Paso, Texas
- Electronics Technician 2nd Class Kevin Sayer Bushell, 26, from Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Electronics Technician 2nd Class Jacob Daniel Drake, 21, from Cable, Ohio
- Information Systems Technician 2nd Class Timothy Thomas Eckels Jr., 23, from Manchester, Maryland
- Information Systems Technician 2nd Class Corey George Ingram, 28, from Poughkeepsie, New York
- Electronics Technician 3rd Class Dustin Louis Doyon, 26, from Suffield, Connecticut
- Electronics Technician 3rd Class John Henry Hoagland III, 20, from Killeen, Texas
- Interior Communications Electrician 3rd Class Logan Stephen Palmer, 23, from Decatur, Illinois
- Electronics Technician 3rd Class, Kenneth Aaron Smith, 22, of Cherry Hill, New Jersey
The memorial is open to those who have base access.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!