U.S. Naval Base Guam main gate to close evenings and weekends
SANTA RITA, Guam (Jan. 17, 2020) – Beginning Jan. 22, the U.S. Naval Base Guam (NBG) Main Gate will be closed during the weekdays in the evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday in support of ongoing base construction upgrades.
During the closure, the Back Gate along Route 2A will be open for inbound and outbound traffic, while the Commercial Vehicle Inspection Gate located behind the Visitor Control Center will be open for inbound traffic only on the weekends.
The gate opening and closure schedule is as follows:
- Main Gate:
- Open, Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Closed, Monday to Friday nightly from 5:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Closed, Friday at 6 p.m. to Monday at 6 a.m.
- Back Gate:
- Open for inbound and outbound traffic, Monday to Sunday, 24 hours a day.
- Commercial Gate:
- Open, Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. for high traffic only (No commercial vehicles.)
- Open, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for commercial vehicles only.
- Open for inbound for personally owned vehicles and commercial vehicle traffic on Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The construction work is in support of the placement of a new sanitary sewer line from Polaris Point to the NBG Wastewater Treatment Plant in accordance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency requirements. The Main Gate will be impacted by this construction until May 2020.
During the closure, there will be increased traffic around base and delays in base access.
All patrons are advised to plan accordingly and to monitor NBG social media for updates.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!