USO Andersen to host Open House July 19
Hafa Adai USO Friends and Supporters,
Thanks to your collective support, the newly expanded USO Andersen center will open with a reception at 1400 hours on Friday, July 19, 2019 on Andersen Air Force Base, Guam. We request the honor of your presence to help us celebrate this highly anticipated center. This opening will also mark the beginning of a special partnership with our friends at Andersen's Tickets & Travels as they move their new office to the USO. Join us for great food, music, and a firsthand look at this USO center with comfort and design inspired by the beauty of the island.
As you know, USO Andersen opened its doors in late 2017 and welcomed more than 57,000 visits in its first year. We extend our deepest thanks to the leadership of Joint Region Marianas and the 36th Wing - and most especially to Brigadier General Gentry Boswell and his team - for making this newly expanded center possible so USO can welcome more military and families! Features of the expanded center include the following provided free of charge on a daily basis to USO guests courtesy of our many generous sponsors:
- State of the art conference room with Polycom conferencing capabilities donated by USO Gold Sponsor GTA
- State of the art Wi-Fi, on-line gaming, digital TV, long distance calls, and internet also donated by GTA
- Fresh daily offerings of gourmet coffees, teas, pastas, sandwiches, and desserts donated by USO Gold Sponsor Infusion Coffee and Tea
- Hot food offerings - chili and rice, hot dogs and weekly vegan treats
- State of the art computer area with individual computer stations and Chromebook computers with CAC access
- Large screen televisions, full body massage chairs, leather comfort seating, reading nooks, and café tables
- Large screen theater with "Big Dåggan" or "Big Bottom" roomy seating and regular film showings
- Family room with homework table, play area, massage chairs for parents, separate televisions, children's reading area
USO Andersen also joins the USO Tumon Bay Center in offering regular programming to thousands families and single service members for popular craft, pampering, homecoming, deployment, holiday and other special events throughout the year.
PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW TO JOIN US ON JULY 19TH! RSVPs are not required but kindly requested to firstname.lastname@example.org so we know you’re joining us. Si Yu’os ma’åse’ for all your love – your time, talent, and treasures – that you continue to share that makes OUR USO GOODNESS possible!!! Hope to see you there!
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!