Schools set to compete in November 26th Song Festival
HAGÅTÑA, GUAM - The Guam Chamber of Commerce announced that the following seventeen (17) choirs representing various public and private schools on Guam are participating in the 4th Annual Song Festival scheduled for November 26, 2016 at the Agana Shopping Center:
• Carbullido Elementary School
• C.L. Taitano Elementary School
• Bishop Baumgartner Memorial Catholic School (Elementary Choir)
• Upi Elementary School
• Daniel L. Perez Elementary School
• Agana Heights Elementary School
• Maria A. Ulloa Elementary School
• St. Paul Christian School (Elementary)
• Tamuning Elementary School
• VSA Benevente Middle School
• Jose L.G. Rios Middle School
• CDR William C. McCool Elementary/Middle School (Middle School Choir)
• Bishop Baumgartner Memorial Catholic School (Middle School Choir)
• Luis P. Untalan Middle School
• Father Duenas Memorial School
• Saint John's High School
• Simon Sanchez High School
Each school will perform three songs - one (1) cover song from a Disney movie or television show, one (1) humorous rendition of holiday themed song, and one (1) holiday themed song. First Place Winners in each division will receive a $1,000 cash prize; Second Place Winners will receive $500; and Third Place Winners will receive $300 with all cash prizes going to their respective schools. The Overall Winning School Group will receive the "Best in Show" distinction plus $500.00. In addition, the "People's Choice" award will be decided by the number of Facebook likes to be calculated between 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Members of the Guam Chamber of Commerce are hosting the Festival to provide the community with a festive event featuring Guam's local school-aged talent in a singing competition for cash prizes. The day-long event promises spirited entertainment, kid friendly activities, and fun for the entire family. This year will commemorate close to 40 years of the Chamber's hosting a holiday event in appreciation for the general public's patronage of its members and the Chamber's activities and programs throughout the year. The 4th Annual Song Festival will take place at the Agana Shopping Center. The Community is invited to attend and cheer on their favorite contestants. Doors open at 10:00 a.m.
For more information regarding school participation please contact the Guam Chamber of Commerce at 472-6311/8001 or email: info@GuamChamber.com.gu
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!