BBQ Time!: BBQ’d Beef Short Ribs - Guam Style
One of our favorite BBQ eats on Guam are the BBQ'd Beef Short Ribs. These are actually crosscut beef ribs about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. They are very tender and meaty. They do not take long to marinade. Here is a photo of the ribs on the BBQ.
Here is the marinade:
- 1 cup of Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 onion sliced very thin
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- black pepper to taste
- Beef short ribs depending on the number of persons 1/2 lb per person generally.
- Mix the ingredients either by hand or in a blender.
- Pour the marinade over your ribs in a container and coat ribs well. (the amount of marinade depends on the amount of ribs)
- Place the covered container in the refer for at least 2 hours. If you don't have a refer, any cooler will do.
- BBQ or grill as some say, mopping the marinade on the ribs to keep them moist.
Because these ribs are thin, they will not take long to cook.
These are juicy and delicious right off the grill.
Enjoy and let me know what you thought of them.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!