BBQ Time!: Chicken Thighs with Honey Mustard Garlic Wine Sauce
- 1 pkg (10 pieces thighs with skin and bone)
- Black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup stone ground mustard
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together then set aside.
- Heat 4 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. (Note: don’t overcrowd the chicken; use two pans if needed.) Cook the chicken skin side down for 12 minutes (do not turn it while cooking; you want the skin to brown and crisp). Season the other side of the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper.
- After 12 mins, flip the chicken over (they may all fit in one pan now). Cook for 2 mins over medium high heat then pour in the sauce.
- Turn heat down to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced, the alcohol has cooked out, and the thighs are done.
- Spoon sauce all over the chicken. Serve with rice or potatoes, and/or steamed vegetables.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!