Guam Food Guy's favorite 2012 reviews
The useful thing about lists is that they give people an easy-to-follow guide of places to try especially if they haven’t been there yet or are new to Guam. Unfortunately, lists are by nature limited, and don’t give a full representation of the many excellent options not appearing on the list.
The following restaurants/events are from 2012 Guam Diner Bytes newsletters and are listed in chronological order, not any particular ranking. They are preceded by the date and newsletter volume and number so you can read the full reviews at GuamDiner.com (many are also available at Stripes.Guam.com). I hope you have the opportunity to experience these places and that you enjoy them as much as I did!
- Pika’s Cafe to Open, Dusit Thani, ‘Tis the Seasoning!, Benika Osawa turns 2, Table 35, Dabin Korean Fusion Style Restaurant, Katre Bistro. Nov. 30, 2012, Volume 12 Number 24
- Happy 20th Nikko Guam, Shoreline Closes/PROA to Open, Desperados Restaurant & Cantina, Australians Cook Up Italian, Sea Grill Restaurant’s New Dinner and Tapas Nov. 16, 2012, Volume 12 Number 23
- Auf Wiedersehen Chef Josef Budde, Team MCA Competes at Pacific Rim Challenge, Natibu Island Dance & Magic Dinner Show, Cup & Saucer Bakery & Crepe Cafe, Tony Roma’s Nov. 9 2012, Volume 12 Number 22
- Happy Halloween!, Chef Mirko Agostini, taste, Meskla on the Cove, Manhattan Crab meat Specials, Marriott Cafe, Sagano Japanese Restaurant Oct. 26, 2012, Volume 12 Number 21
- 3rd Annual Donne Festival, McKraut’s Fast Food & Beer Garden, Pika’s Cafe, Chao’s Restaurant, Lemon Grass Thai Restaurant Sept. 28, 2012, Volume 12 Number 19
- Brian Artero & Lone Star, Ban Thai Restaurant, Jeff’s Pirates Cove, A Majestic Wine Dinner, Grill at Santa Fe, PROA Restaurant Aug. 31, 2012, Volume 12 Number 17
- Brutus Spicy Burger, Menkui Ramen, Underwater World & Sea Grill, Denny’s, Sakura Noodle House, Sugarnomics, Issin Japanese Restaurant Aug. 17, 2012, Volume 12 Number 16
- Guam Farmers & Chefs Conference, Vitale’s Italian Ristorante, Lone Star Steakhouse, Shirley’s Coffee Shop, Logan Farms, Kar Kar Restaurant, Palm Cafe July 20, 2012, Volume 12 Number 14
- 6th Annual Mango Festival, Taste of the Marianas, Shenanigan’s Restaurant, 10th Annual Celebrity Chefs Winners, Curry Kebab, EN Japanese Restaurant June 2012, Volume 12 Number 11
- Chopstix, Simon Sanchez Wins, Pancakes for Charity, Delmonico, Benkay Japanese Restaurant, Maila’ ta Fan Chesa, Suphan Thai, Beer Gourmet Dinner March 30, 2012, Volume 12 Number 7
Ken, The Guam Food Guy
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!