Pico de Gallo Salsa...the perfect BBQ Compliment
Just about everyone loves to spice up their BBQ. This Pico de Gallo salsa will do just that for you. It has the excellent flavor and heat that will get your mouth watering and keep it there.
Here is the recipe for this utterly delicious salsa...
• 4-5 Fresh red tomatoes (roma), diced (depends on size)
• 3 Fresh jalapenos, finely diced but not minced (burn the peppers first, brings out the flavor and heat)
• 1/2 bunch Fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped (approx 3 Tbsp)
• 1 small Onion (red) diced, ½ Medium onion
• 1-2 Tbsp Lemon juice or lime juice, freshly squeezed (I usually find the juice from 1/2 of a lime is sufficient)
• 3 cloves Garlic, minced
• Salt to taste
Combine all ingredients and marinate for at least one hour to allow juices and flavors to combine.
Taste and adjust any ingredient you like.
Chill before serving.
Garnish with a sprig or two of cilantro and a wedge of lime.
Here is how you “burn” the Jalapeno peppers....
❶ Rinsed and ready to burn.
❷ Keep turning to obtain an even burn.
❸ Finished product. At this point you can cut lengthwise and take out the membrane and seeds if you like. I leave the peppers whole.
❹ The peppers are finely diced but not quite minced. I find this size a little bit “friendlier” in that no one gets a larger piece of pepper that may be too hot. But again, this is up to you.
Your finished salsa should look something like this.
All that is left now is something to spread the salsa over. And that, my friends, is your department!!!!
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!