Recipe: Pumpkin Pancakes
Recipe: Pumpkin Pancakes
These are the fluffiest and yummiest pumpkin, plant-based pancakes I’ve made so far! I stumbled upon a similar recipe on Pinterest but then knew I had to make it my own. If you’ve seen my other pancake recipe on the blog you know my normal jam is making veggie-packed pancakes. My kids usually expect to see green pancakes so these Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes made them giddy to try something new and orange!
This recipe only requires one bowl and a whisk and can be made in under 30 minutes. No need to break out the blender for this one!
1. First, you will want to prep the “flax egg” so it can sit and coagulate for 5 minutes. It’s so easy I don’t know why I haven’t been doing this sooner! You simply mix 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal and 3 tbsp of water and let it stand while you prep the other ingredients. (Of course if you’d rather just use an egg then you can easily make that swap.)
2. Second you sift together the dry ingredients:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp homemade pumpkin pie spice (if you haven’t tried homemade this will take your baking up a notch!)
3. Then you will whisk the wet ingredients into the dry:
- flax egg
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin (this one is my favorite!)
- 2 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 2 cups coconut or plant based milk of choice
4. Heat a skillet to medium heat, coat it with a little coconut oil, and scoop about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. The pancake batter will very thick but this is good! The thick batter will create beautiful, fluffy pancakes. If the batter is just too thick you can try adding another 1/4 cup of milk. The batter will also change in thickness depending on the type of flour you use.
5. Flip the pancakes after a minute or two of cooking on each side and you’ll be ready for a feast! The texture of these pancakes was so perfectly fluffy we could easily eat these year around. In fact, when I ask my kids what they want for dinner at least one of them requests these. :)
6. You can click on the printable below to save the recipe to your Breakfast Pinterest Board or your phone for a shopping list! Please make sure you tell me over on Facebook or Instagram if you enjoyed these Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes! And show me your photos of the delicious homemade Pumpkin Pancakes!
Allie Whalen is a culinary artist and amateur photographer with a love for the outdoors. She has recently begun sharing her experiences online where she talks about natural and healthy ways to take care of your body and the world around you. She is a military spouse based in Okinawa near Camp Hansen. Allie and her family are excited make beautiful Okinawa their best move yet. There they enjoy the rugged, tranquil life on the northern parts of the island. You can find Allie’s blog at alliemwhalen.com, where she details her travels, basic conservation techniques, home education, and leading a healthy lifestyle.
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!