North Korea threatens to attack Guam as Trump issues ultimatum
SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea said Wednesday it’s “examining its operational plan” to strike Guam with missiles as tensions sharply escalated over the country's nuclear weapons program.
The statement came as President Donald Trump warned the North “will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen” if it continues to threaten the United States.
The heated rhetoric underscored a dangerous turn in the long-running standoff with Pyongyang after it test-fired two intercontinental ballistic missiles last month.
North Korea’s army singled out the U.S. territory, which is home to Andersen Air Force Base and thousands of U.S. servicemembers, in a statement on its state-run news agency.
North Korea said its strategic force is “carefully examining the operational plan for making an enveloping fire at areas around Guam with medium-to-long range strategic ballistic missiles…in order to contain the major U.S. military bases on Guam.”
The army said the move is in response to a recent U.S. ICBM test.
Read more at: https://www.stripes.com/1.482020