United Airlines announces further schedule adjustments for Guam resulting from new government mandates
GUAM, Mar. 18, 2020 – United Airlines announced today that it will be making further adjustments to its Guam flight schedules due to the recent government mandates designed to quell the COVID-19 outbreak on the island. The adjusted schedule will be effective beginning March 22 and will remain in place through May 3.
The revised Guam flight schedules for the affected routes are outlined below:
United announced the following suspended flights beginning on March 22:
- Narita: Two of the three daily flights will be suspended – UA 828/ UA 827 through May 2 and UA 873/ UA 874 through May 3.
- Nagoya: Beginning on March 29, all Nagoya flights will be suspended through May 3.
- Osaka: Beginning on March 30, all Osaka flights will be suspended through May 3.
- Fukuoka: All Fukuoka flights will be suspended through May 3.
- Manila: Beginning on March 22, all flights will be suspended through May 3. This includes the Manila to Koror segment.
- Yap: The flight to Yap will operate on Sundays through May 3.
Given the high level of uncertainty regarding travel, United is working to give customers more flexibility by waiving change fees for any booking – domestic or international – made between March 3 and March 31. The waiver applies to all tickets, all fare types, all destinations, all points-of-sale and all travel dates available for sale. For more information visit https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/notices.html. United customers can contact united.com, United reservations at 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331), their travel agent, or United’s City Ticket Office in Guam for assistance with their flights.
Every customer. Every flight. Every day.
United continues to strengthen its commitment to its customers, looking at every aspect of its business to ensure that the carrier keeps customers' best interests at the heart of its service. In addition to today's announcement, United recently:
• Announced that MileagePlus award miles will never expire
• Committed $40 million toward a new investment initiative focused on accelerating the development of sustainable aviation fuels and other decarbonization technologies
• Established Miles on a Mission, a first-of-its-kind crowdsourcing platform which gives customers a simple way to donate miles to non-profit organizations and charities in need of air travel
• Launched ConnectionSaver, a digital tool dedicated to improving the experience for customers with connecting flights
• Instituted PlusPoints, new upgrade benefits for MileagePlus Premier members
• Gave Economy customers a choice of complimentary snacks on domestic flights
• Made DIRECTV free for every customer on more than 200 aircraft
Subscribe to our Stripes Pacific newsletter and receive amazing travel stories, great event info, cultural information, interesting lifestyle articles and more directly in your inbox!
Follow us on social media!